Accountant Cyber Security Checklist
Accountants are particularly targeted by hackers because of the financial data that they have on file.
A single 1040 has enough identifiable information to commit identity theft.
Not only will your clients lose trust in your practice, but you can face legal penalities up to $100,000 for EACH violation of GLBA.
Downloading and filling out this checklist on each computer in your office will ensure:
- Your Client Data Is Protected
- You Have Documentation Of Steps You Take To Prevent Data Breaches
- You Can Showcase To Your Clients The Extra Steps You Take
- You Can Differentiate Yourself From Competition
- Be A Leader In The Accounting Industry